What is EMDR?
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) is an extensively researched and integrative method that allows you to quickly heal from the symptoms and emotional distress resulting from disturbing life experiences.
Using bilateral stimulation (visual, tactile, or auditory), EMDR is designed to resolve unprocessed traumatic memories in your brain so they no longer cause you distress.
EMDR therapy is recognized as an effective form of treatment by many organizations including:
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Psychological Association
- US Dept. of Veterans Affairs/Dept. of Defense
- World Health Organization
- National Alliance of Mental Illness
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
For more detailed information about EMDR therapy, please visit: www.emdria.org
How I Can Help You:
EMDR can rapidly resolve distressing memories without going into details about the underlying issue as is commonly done in traditional talk therapy.
As a certified EMDR therapist, I will guide you through an 8-phase method of safely reprocessing your internalized traumatic experience.
Using bilateral stimulation while bringing various aspects of your negative memory into your awareness, I will help you desensitize and reprocess your memories until they no longer cause you negative feelings or distress.
EMDR can be an effective form of therapy for:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Chronic illness and medical trauma
- Disturbing memories
- Sexual assaults
- Substance abuse and addiction
- Negative beliefs about yourself
- Sports, test-taking, and performance anxiety
- And many more